School Licences (School Download, USB, Network)
Windows: 7, 8, or 10 Please note: the programs are not compatible with Windows 10 in S mode.
Macs: OSX 10.9 to 10.14 Please note: some issues have been reported with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave. Read more…
- Networks: schools should buy a licence based on the required maximum number of students who will use the program at any one time. (concurrent users). Our network products require a Windows Service to run. Windows Servers 2008R2 up to 2019 are supported and recommended, but the products also work on small Win Pro peer to peer networks. Schools with Mac networks or other devices may use a powerful 2012R2 or 2016 Windows server to virtualise our Windows network products out to networked client devices: Allow 400Mb RAM per concurrent user. Please note: the ‘Single User’ options below are not intended for use on networks.
- Single User DVD or USB: The DVD or USB has to be in place for the program to run but can be moved between/used on any compatible computer.
- Single User School Download: The ‘Download’ Licence requires internet access only during the process of downloading and activating Wordshark/Numbershark (but not thereafter, to run the program.)
If you have an iOS, Android or Chrome OS device (minimum 8” screen size) and/or would like an online product, ‘Wordshark Online’ is due for release in 2019.
Home Users (Home Download, USB)
Windows: 7, 8, or 10* *Please note: the programs are not compatible with Windows 10 in S mode as this is a limited operating system
Macs: OSX 10.9 to 10.14 Please note: the programs install and run well on MacOS 10.14 Mojave, though some minor issues have been reported. Read more…
- At least 11 inch screen
- At least 2GHz Processor, or 1.5 GHz Dual Core Processor
- At least 4Gb RAM
- At least 1 Gb of hard disk space
- USB2 port (for USBs)
- We advise external speakers and/or headphones for greater clarity
Optional: A “Voice recognition” quality microphone – Needed for 1 of the games and to record “own word lists” (for Wordshark)
Recommended: Run no more than ONE anti-virus program at any time (this may be Windows Defender or any free / purchased AV security program)
- PCs tend to slow down significantly if their c: drive is more than 75% full. If this the case, we advise that the Home Download is installed where there is at least 25% free disk space or onto the d:drive (if available)