Numbershark provides numeracy help for children with special educational needs such as dyscalculia, dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, ASD, poor memory, and visual stress.
Its wide variety of games make learning fun and are a real solution for children who are anxious about maths or struggling with number concepts.
It can also be adapted to cater for children with specific special needs:
- You can slow the games to give more thinking time, or choose games that don’t impose a time limit.
- Children can listen to games instructions and maths problems using the audio function – headphones are useful for this.
- Some games and be adjusted to make them easier for children with less manual dexterity.
- You can make the screen less ‘busy’ – useful for children with attention difficulties.
- You can change the background colour to make it easier to read.