Numbershark provides numeracy help for children with special educational needs such as dyscalculia, dyslexia, dyspraxia, ADHD, ASD, poor memory, and visual stress. Fun, lovable games offer a positive learning experience for children who are anxious about maths or struggling with number concepts.
There are many examples of how the program can be adapted for specific needs:
- You can slow-down the games to give more thinking time, or choose games that don’t impose a time limit.
- Children can listen to games instructions and maths problems using the audio function.
- For those with less manual dexterity, many games can be adjusted.
- You can make the screen less ‘busy’ – useful for children with attention difficulties.
- You can change the background colour to make it easier to read.
In conclusion, Numbershark is an impressive program, giving you huge variety, with lots of different ways to understand numbers.