Accessing Wordshark and Numbershark (for UK Schools, Tutors, Parents)
Schools – UK
- Once students have their login details, they can access the placement test and automatic progression from home or school or both
- Teachers can alternatively choose to set work using the 10,000 words and sentences, or create their own lists
- Teachers can monitor student usage from their own homes or from school
I already have Wordshark/Numbershark – what’s the advice? Unfortunately, version ‘5’ (or earlier) licences cannot be accessed outside of school. Do consider Wordshark Online, as this can be accessed from anywhere. Read more about Wordshark Online or View pricing, webinars and demos. (Note:Numbershark is not online)
Tutors – UK
What are my options?
- If you and your tutee already have a copy of the program/s (USB, download or DVD of version 5), via your eg ‘Zoom’, ‘Teams’, ‘Google Hangouts’ or ‘Classroom’ sessions with them, you can continue to work with them, set work and monitor their progress. There is a helpful option in Zoom, for example, to share the screen and then hand over control of the cursor:Request or give mouse control using Zoom.
- If you want your students to log in at any time in addition to your sessions with them, there is a free trial period/monthly subscription for ‘Wordshark Online’ (not available for Numbershark.) Click here for more information including webinars
Parents – UK
I am looking for a spelling/maths resource to use at home. I have a computer. Parents can invest in the Home Download offline licences …Licences are automatically emailed within 15 minutes of purchase. They offer an excellent investment, (not just for the months when children are out of school).
Can I return the downloads if they’re not right for my child/children? We offer a full money-back guarantee within 14 days of purchase – no questions asked! You would just need to ‘deactivate’ (uninstall) the program/s.
I only have a small device eg iPad/Chromebook. Will these downloads work? Unfortunately not. You would need to invest in a computer that comes with a full Windows 10 or OSX operating system. Alternatively, if your school or tutor invests in ‘Wordshark Online’ for schools/tutors then your child will be given their own login details and can access the program via the web.
Contact us if we haven’t answered your questions:
- 020 8748 5927