EEF Catch-up funding FAQs
What is the The Education Endowment Foundation?
EEF is an independent charity established in 2011 to improve the educational attainment of the poorest pupils in English schools, aiming to support teachers and senior leaders by providing evidence-based resources designed to improve practice and boost learning.
What is the ‘National Tutoring Programme’ £650m for?
To address the impact of Covid-19 closures on pupils’ learning.
Suggested ways to achieve the most impact using this funding
(based on schoolsweek website article)
- Provide additional support after school
- Take advantage of technology
- Use small group or 1:1 sessions
- Focus on the students that have fallen furthest behind with their literacy and numeracy
- Pay attention to CPD – good teachers and teaching is always key
- Provide students with reading materials for the holidays